Saturday, August 21, 2010

c25k: Week 5, Day One

I really, truly wonder if running will ever be "easy" for me. If I'll ever be one of those people who just drifts through a 5-6 mile run with ease, one of those people to whom running 10 miles is a "long" run. I want to be one of those people. I'm really curious about this alleged "runner's high" euphoria that kicks in after a little while, because as I believe I've said before, the only euphoria I feel when running is the euphoria of being DONE. I wouldn't really actually call that euphoric though.

Week 5 is three runs that are 5 minutes each, with walking intervals inbetween. I can't wait to look back on this blog entry and say, "Remember when running for five minutes in a row was a challenge? Ha! Look at me now, mile after mile, like a machine, a gazelle..."

It was a push to get through all five of those minutes each time, but I don't feel exhausted (10 minutes post-cooldown)... I don't feel any pain anywhere... I wasn't sucking for air and having breathing difficulty even though it is dreadfully humid outside even before sunrise. I feel GOOD : ) I don't smell good or look good, but I feel great. I'm almost to the halfway point of c25k!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think the feeling of being done is almost euphoric. I forgot my water bottle today, so I am not sure how my cool down will be!

    ReplyDelete