Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Viva Las Vegas! Running the strip!

My husband and I celebrated our sixth anniversary with a trip to Las Vegas : )  I packed all my running gear and was looking forward to running on the Vegas strip!

It was really nice weather for running in the mornings.  On Monday I ran (mixed in walking because I knew it was a long way) about 5 miles, on Wednesday Jack joined me for a 5-ish mile walk, and then on Friday before we left I ran the strip again.  It was sooooo much fun, there was so much to see, and I wish I could run there all the time.  If you ever do this, be sure to go before people start waking up.  You don't want to try and run the strip when it's full of people, it will just frustrate you like rush-hour traffic.  I woke up at 7 most days and was out there by about 7:30.  I don't think there's a night-time that would work, since people are out and about all night long.

I went for another run on Monday morning after we got back home (I worked reallly late on Saturday, so Sunday morning wasn't happening), trying out a new park in my area of town.  I went about 2.5 miles, and was feeling very tired and heavy-- yet again, I should have left earlier.  WHEN WILL I LEARN?!?!  It gets hot when the sun comes up, even in October.  Argh.  I didn't run today because I had to be up at 5 to accompany a family member to surgery, so if I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight, I'm planning to get up and go tomorrow morning.

It's been a really long time since I saw a drop in my weight, but I have to say, I'm feeling fantastic.  I don't feel as super-flabby as I used to, and my body is happy when I give it a workout.

Here's a quick little happy from Vegas.  Man, I love that guy!

1 comment: