Monday, October 4, 2010

So last week, I ran FOUR miles : )

Last Thursday I decided I was going to finish a 3.5 mile run.  I finished 3, why not 3.5?  Well as usual, mile 1 was the hardest, mile 2 was also a push (I had super lead feet and was feeling soooooo sluggggish).  You know, 3 wasn't all that bad... and when I rounded the curve after that third mile, I was feeling very much on top of the world like Wonder Woman.

So when I got to the 3.5 mark, I felt very "oh why not?" and finished 4 miles... and felt QUITE ACCOMPLISHED!  I had finished, this was definitely a personal distance record, and I hadn't walked any of it.

Runkeeper posts to my facebook page, so of course I had congratulations and stuff.  I also had a couple of remarks from my runner friends that I needed to not add so much distance so quickly-- especially since I am a "clydesdale", "athena", or whatever cutesy name you'd like to give to a big-boned, heavy runner with several pounds to spare.  Evidently upping your distance too quickly increases the chances of stress fracture.  After freaking out a little bit because I was afraid I was breaking some important bone by being awesome, I decided to calm it down and just be smarter from here on out.

Whee!  That being said, I went out this morning and did 2.5 miles.  We've been having some of the most incredible weather EVER-- that's right EVER-- around here, and it felt wonderful to be outdoors this morning.  Even after running 4 miles last week, the first part of my run is "uggghhhhhh".  If yours is this way too, don't worry because you've totally got someone who feels your pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment